Friday, August 24, 2012

This is really happening

I told myself in the begininng of the year that this would be the last year I worked at my day job. It is not because I loathe my bosses, it is because I still make what I make when I first got hired 5 years ago. It is because even though there is no money to pay me vacation time, holiday pay, sick pay or give me a raise my boss still manages to drive the latest and greatest Mercedes vehicle. Oh and his wife has a machine car too.

Besides I can't move up in this company. I'm pretty much stuck in this position forever if I stay here. Even though I love getting payed to sit on my ass and blog all day long or read up on all the latest celebrity gossip, it is my time to go. The end of October is my last day here. I am saddened yet super excited.

I finally get to spend more time with my growing toddler. Which today marks her 18 month birthday. Gosh in 6 months she will be 2 freakin years old!!!!! I feel like because of this morning job which I did need, I missed out on a lot of the Cupcakes life. 9 hours of her day where spent with someone who wasn't me. I hated that when I first left her but as time went on I started being okay with it because I had to. We need mommy to work so we can buy all the things we need.

Now I will still be working my nursing job at night, and probably working more often there now, but that's okay because I will be able to spend more time with my daughter.

All I know right now is that, the last day here will be like a breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment