Monday, October 15, 2012

Pancreatitis

Last Monday, I had a stomach ache. It was awful.
I swore it was acid indigestion, so I took a million tums with no relief.
Tuesday, I still had the tummy ache but it wasn't as bad as it was Monday. Mylanta and tums were
still my friends.

Wednesday...

Most of the day was okay, it hurt but not too bad. Around 7:30pm I felt like I was in labor. But at least when you are in labor you have a break between contractions. This pain was non stop and nothing I did helped. It wasn't til Bubba told me I had to go to the ER. We called his mom, had her come over to stay with Cupcake and we rushed to the ER. I waited a good 45 minutes before I was seen but it felt like an eternity. I was sobbing. I even asked the Bubba to knock me out just so that I wouldn't feel the pain anymore. Of course, he called me crazy and just held me.

Once inside on a gurney, this lovely nurse came to my rescue and hooked me up to an I.V. where he shot me up with morphine. That shit is the bomb.com!!!!

Seriously.

5 seconds max I was out like a light. No pain. Finally some relief. They whisked me away to get an ultrasound and they told me I had "sludge" in my gall bladder and I may need to get it removed some time in the near future. Then the doc proceeded to tell me that my pancreas was inflamed. It was bad. I had to stay that night for observation.

Next day, hoping to be better and going home, doctor says my Lipase levels where extremely high so No I could not eat or drink anything, and NO I can't go home. Ugh!

Still in pain, I get at least 5 doses of Morphine. Heaven...Did I mention that part already.
Go get some kind of scan, I forgot the name of it and they see how my organs are doing. They tell me still no food or water.

Friday, more blood work and they tell me I can have a liquid breakfast. Meaning I get to drink chicken broth for breakfast. It tasted spectacular after not eating for a day and a half. They then upgraded my diet to a soft diet and I got some pasta with steamed veggies, yumtastic!

After seeing that I was no longer in excruciating pain and tolerating foods I was able to go home. But I have to change my lifestyle.

Control my STRESS. No more High FAT FOODS. No more Alcohol. And EXERCISE shall be done on a daily basis.  I actually don't have a choice about any of these things. If I don't follow I could land back in the hospital or worse.

I have had this problem before so I really need to watch it this time. But do you know how hard it is to find foods with low amounts of fat??

This is going to stress me out!!! Oh right... Control stress.
Cheers to a new life...Oh wait No alcohol.
Welp there goes my life.

1 comment: