Monday, September 10, 2012

The good ol days

Gawd...I'm siting here reminiscing about all the fun times with my friends. You know, getting wasted... partying....clubbing. I go on instagram and Facebook and see everyone checking in at this bar and that bar. Dancing it up at this club and at that club. Let me tell you...I'm a really fun drunk. Ask any of my friends, I do know how to have a good time. I would be lying to you if I said I didn't miss it. Because I obviously do. I miss the getting ready, you know making sure your hair is perfect, your makeup is on point and your outfit...too die for. I miss that. I miss my me time.

Ever since having the cupcake it's rare when I go out. I spend my time having movie night with the family or at Disneyland and sometimes at some friends house having family bbqs. And I have to say that I enjoy having these moments with my family. These are moments I will remember. I'm the most happiest when my hair is in a bun, I'm wearing basketball shorts and I have no makeup on. I am happiest when I'm wrestling on the floor with my kiddo.

So as I sit here thinking about the going out stage in my life, I have a smile on my face because I'm content. I'm happy no longer spending every Friday and Saturday night going out.I'm content with laughing my butt off hearing my kiddo scream with excitement when I'm chasing after her. I'm content when I see that smile that contiguous smile that my kid gives me when I'm playing with her. See nothing can top that. And even though I do miss it, I'm glad that I got to do all the things I did with no regrets. I can truly say that I lived that stage of my life up and I'm past it.

And as I sit here finishing up this post I'm thinking maybe just maybe I'm not content with having just the cupcake around. Maybe just maybe I need one more munchkin to chase after. :-)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment