Monday, October 1, 2012

Bittersweet

I am finally settled into my new home.
Last night, as I was putting away groceries into my pantry and fridge, as I was opening box after box of clothes, toys, books, toiletries and other stuff; I felt at peace. Even though just hours prior to that, I was standing in my old empty room crying my eyes out.

I cried my heart out.

This old room is where I made tons of memories with old friends. This old room is where my daughter grew up, where she had her first bath, took her first steps, said her first words. 

But this room is in a house that has shaped the way I think recently, which is negative by the way. This old room is a part of a house that brings nothing but painful memories.

Bittersweet.

I said goodbye to my old room. I left all that negative energy in that house. I left all the stress and anger and bitterness in that house. 

So as I laid my daughter to sleep in her new room, I promised to make much happier memories here in this new house. I promised to only bring positive energy and smiles and laughs and pillow fights. To only fight about what's for dinner and why Mickey mouse clubhouse isn't playing in the background.  I promised her I would do my best to make sure she grows up differently than I did. I promised to always shower her with kisses and I love you's. We are finally home.

It can't get any sweeter than this.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home, love. You'll make great memories in this new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buff...I wish I lived where you are though. Maybe you could help me run 5 miles a day. =]

      Delete