Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slowly but surely

Our new home is coming along. I still have a few boxes to unpack down stairs as well as up stairs, but at least the kitchen is pretty much done.

Cupcake's room is looking great. I still have to add the frames and canvases to the walls as well other decorations. Once I am done with her room I will go ahead and do a post showing you how I personalized her room. You know, I just know she loves it when she walks in and just grabs her dolls, sits on her rug and starts playing. Before she wouldn't do that. I don't know if it was because her toys in my old room where all bunched up in one corner or what. Maybe it's the light that brightens up her room. My old room was grey and dark purple (yes very depressing colors). Her room here at the new place is a warm yellow and it just adds so much more light, life into her space.

Now, my room. That's a whole different story. Boxes everywhere. Bed isn't made. Clothes everywhere. Sounds like my old room ha! It really is going to look a lot different once I get everything all settled in to where it belongs.

The living room. Bubba and I are going to visit our local Living Spaces to check out couches. We need them ASAP! Currently we are sitting in folding chairs. The wooden floor is too hard for our butts.

Did I mention I was able to finally take a bath in my jacuzzi bath tub...It was amazing! I have to hit up LUSH for more bath bombs.

You know what I've noticed? Now that I have my own place I find myself doing things that have me stop for a second and just think how great it feels to be on my own. To not have to share space with someone else. To say this is my kitchen and this is what we are going to eat for dinner. These are my pots and pans, my plates and my food. I truly feel blessed. I thank God everyday for letting me have this with my daughter. I thank him for getting me through the move and for always loving me and providing.

I truly am happy, and it looks like my kiddo is too. It's the little things people that truly make a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment