Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Consultation

I had scheduled my first consult with a plastic surgeon. I was super nervous because I didn't know what to expect. I had went online and googled what kind of questions you should ask the doctor and what not. I always like to be prepared.

That morning I was running late. I even parked like 2 blocks away from the facility because I clearly didn't see the parking lot right in front of the building. I walk in and it's super nice. The doctor I went to go visit is Dr. J from Beverly Hills Physicians. I fill out some paper work and go into the doctors office. The nice nurse? tells me to take off my shirt and bra and wear one of those paper vests with the open part to the front. Just doing that I was super self conscious. So I sat there waiting for the doctor to come in. Once he walked in, I fell in love ha! okay not really but I have to admit, he's pretty handsome. And now this man is going to look at my pathetic chest, just great. He introduced himself and asked me what I was in for. Once I told him why I was there and what I wanted we proceeded with the measurement of my chest or lack thereof. It was pretty fast.

We sat and talked about my options and what he would like to do. First, because of my height and the shape of my body he wanted me to go with a full C small D. He would insert them underneath the muscle to make them appear and feel more natural. He then asked if I would prefer silicone or saline. After the research I had done I decided I want to get silicone. Silicone gives a more natural appearance and feel. He totally agreed. He then told me that he would make the incision at the nipple and insert them through there. Now he got into something else I wasn't really expecting. He said I would need a lift on my left breast. He had me face the mirror and showed me that my left breast was a lot more droopy than my right and if we don't do the lift my breast would not be even, one would be a lot lower than the other. I had actually not really noticed that one was sitting a little lower than the other, then again I don't sit there staring at my breasts in the mirror. But once he pointed it out now I can see it and can tell when I look at the girls. So I asked a few more questions about recovery, the surgery center, how long I will be in pain, when can I carry my daughter, etc.

When he stepped out. I had this feeling like this is the doctor I want. I felt super comfortable talking to him. He answered all my questions without making me feel like I was an interrogator. He was simply awesome. I then had to head over to the next office to talk pricing. So because I am also getting a lift a long with the implants the cost of my surgery is a little high but not too bad. The total is going to be $8,000. It includes the procedure, the blood work, all the follow up visits and the surgical bra that i have to wear for about 6 weeks. Honestly, I am okay with that number. Before I went in though I had told the Bubba that I didn't want to spend more than $7g's but I am also getting lift for another thousand its how I see it. And did I mention I love the doctor.

I googled plenty other doctors and I also have a friend who works with a plastic surgeon who is willing to give me implants for $4,000 but he isn't board certified and isn't really affiliated with any hospitals. Dr. J is affiliated with Huntington Memorial in Pasadena, Cedar-Sinai Los Angeles and St John's Medical Center in Santa Monica. He is also double board certified. He is definitely qualified, at least more qualified than the doctors I was going to go see also. My gut tells me to see him and go to him so I am going to do just that.

I found my doctor I now just have to set up my appointment. I have to work around my busy work schedule because well I'm going to need the time to recoup. I need about 5 days to do just that so I am planning to go in on a Wednesday so I can come back to work on Monday.

Gosh I am super excited guys. I am nervous too don't get me wrong but super duper excited for sure. I will calling to schedule my appointment this week. You guys should be seeing a much happier me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment