Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Decorating a home without a home

So as you all know I am looking for a home for the family. It's hard finding one when rent is ridiculous and the places that aren't going to break the bank are in very crappy neighborhoods. You get what you pay for right?

I have two places in mind already but I really want to get my surgery done before I move out. It will just be easier because after my surgery I plan to quit my day job. Anyways.....

So my thing lately is wanting to buy things for the new home now even though I don't have the new home yet. I know exactly how I want to decorate the rooms so I see why I can't just buy things now. The cupcakes room is getting any new furniture since I already have all the furniture that will go in her room and its new. The only thing missing is the wall decor. Last week I stopped at Ikea just to browse around and take advantage of the A/C on such a hot evening. If you never heard of Ikea you're probably one of my readers who lives in a state that doesn't have such a store. It's pretty much a store that sells all kinds of home decor stuff. So as I was browsing through their many room setups, I came across the cutest owl canvas. Lately, I've been super obsessed with owls. It has all kinds of colors but the main back splash is turquoise. I had to have it because it would be perfect for the Cupcakes room.

Then I came across the perfect set up for my future living room. The color of this furniture is perfect. 


It looks quite big but I love it. The only thing is that I wouldn't get the glass cabinet on the right. I would just use another bookshelf like the one on the left.  And I wont have the lamps that are on each side of the TV. I want to buy the furniture now but the Bubba is telling me to wait since this might not be an option for us. Because like I said, it is kind of big so it might not fit in our new home. I'm crossing my fingers that it does.

Now if only October can come November can come quicker so that I can be fully  mostly recovered from surgery and I can help with moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment